Lately I frequently receive phone calls saying that there's a promotion but they need to verified my credit card 1st by asking me the number of the card or the expired date. I'd answer that I was busy & ignored the request. The calls were from 'private number' which made me instantly didn't trust them.
However today, I got the same kind of phone call, but not from a private number & with a different reason. The caller said she was from Maybank & wanted to verified my card because they receive many complaints about credit card fraud. I did smell something fishy but somehow decided to cooperate. She read the 1st 8 digits of my credit card number & asked me to read the remaining 8 digits. Then she asked for the expired date. After that, she asked me to turn my card & said on the back of my card, the side where we signed the card, there's a 7 digits ID number. I was blank at 1st. I told her there's no 7 digits ID number. When she said that the ID number should be on the signature strip, I realized that what she referred to as an ID number is actually the last 4 digits of the card & the 3 digits CVV number.
I knew rite away that the call is a hoax. I lose my temper. I called her a liar & hung up.
I called Maybank service centre & had been informed that there's no such a call from Maybank. The 1st 8 digits of the card number is the serial number. Still it means, Maybank is not... (I don't know what's the right word even in BM...) strict? reliable?... in keeping their customers confidentiality. I have other credit card from a different bank & I never receive such a phone call for that credit card.
Btw, although I didn't give up the CVV number, I decided to block the card & asked for a replacement. Well, I think Maybank should do something since it seems like their customers' particulars such as name, phone number, type of credit card & the serial number are easy to acquire.
Looks like I can't collect TreatsPoints in this 2 or 3 weeks.
However today, I got the same kind of phone call, but not from a private number & with a different reason. The caller said she was from Maybank & wanted to verified my card because they receive many complaints about credit card fraud. I did smell something fishy but somehow decided to cooperate. She read the 1st 8 digits of my credit card number & asked me to read the remaining 8 digits. Then she asked for the expired date. After that, she asked me to turn my card & said on the back of my card, the side where we signed the card, there's a 7 digits ID number. I was blank at 1st. I told her there's no 7 digits ID number. When she said that the ID number should be on the signature strip, I realized that what she referred to as an ID number is actually the last 4 digits of the card & the 3 digits CVV number.
I knew rite away that the call is a hoax. I lose my temper. I called her a liar & hung up.
I called Maybank service centre & had been informed that there's no such a call from Maybank. The 1st 8 digits of the card number is the serial number. Still it means, Maybank is not... (I don't know what's the right word even in BM...) strict? reliable?... in keeping their customers confidentiality. I have other credit card from a different bank & I never receive such a phone call for that credit card.
Btw, although I didn't give up the CVV number, I decided to block the card & asked for a replacement. Well, I think Maybank should do something since it seems like their customers' particulars such as name, phone number, type of credit card & the serial number are easy to acquire.
Looks like I can't collect TreatsPoints in this 2 or 3 weeks.
1 comment:
Just now baru terima Call yang sama.. Dari number yg sama.. Tiada sebarang tindakkan diambil dari maybank dan org ramai.
Post a Comment