Thursday, March 20, 2008

Review on my HTC P3300 with it's new case

At last, my PDA phone have a proper case! Bought it at Low Yat Plaza for RM45... one of the successful mission. Tara...


When I show my 'new' PDA phone (baru sebulan lebih, still new la kan...), the common question is, "Apa yg bestnya handphone ni?" It hards for me to answer the question actually since I decided to buy a PDA phone pun without any specific reason. I just wanted a mobile phone with built-in wifi... touch screen and stylus would be cool. As I've written in my previous post, I didn't even plan to buy a PDA phone that runs the Windows Mobile (WM) OS or known as Pocket PC (PPC).

Ok, since I can't think of "apa yg bestnya hp ni"… let me start dgn apa yg tak bestnya hp ni… not in order ok...

- Alarm clock... tak boleh pilih lagu mp3 as the sound and the sound isn't reliable. for those yg tido mati, I'm seriously doubt that you'll wake up by the sound. The snooze function is not friendly. But there's a lot of WM third party software for alarm clock.

- There're only 3 options for the ringing sound... 1. The sound is ON without vibrate. 2. The phone is in vibrate mode, but no sound. 3. The sound is OFF and no vibrate. It means you cannot turn on the sound and vibrate mode at the same time. But this is not a problem for me since I hardly use vibrate mode, only if I keep the hp in my pants' pocket where I can feel the vibration while I'm in a noisy area.

- Cannot group the contacts. If you want to assign different ringing tone for different contact, you have to do it one by one.

What else..? So far, ini lah yg tak best yg I did notice compare to Nokia sabun which I used previously. I think we cannot expect PDA phone to work like a normal mobile phone. For making calls and sending messages, an ordinary mobile phone would be more friendly compare to PDA phone.

Yg best plak... hmmm... for me, best lah hp ni. I'm so lazy to elaborate. Just googling on HTC P3300, there'll be many reviews on the PDA phone. What can I say is I'm glad that I did buy PPC, instead of Smartphone. Never use Smartphone though, but I have a feeling PPC is better... heheee... since I have one.

There are many websites offer free software for PPC. My favorite -> SmartNet Pocket Islam. It's a fully functional software for prayer table and qibla for locations around the world, Quran recitation and the translation, even in Malay language and etc. It is FREE. Actually, this is the only free software that I've found so far that works fantastically. Ohh... I almost forgot Opera Mini... an alternative to Internet Explorer. Something do come for free... :-)

Btw, for the products which are not free (and we're talking about PPC... Windows based ok...), I guess there's always a way to get it for free, rite... ;-)

No comments: