Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Out of the blue

Yesterday, an old friend of mine called my office. She wanted to meet me, & I suggested Alamanda since I was planning to go there after work. I was really surprised by her phone call. I think the last time we did talk to each other was in 2006, thru phone. 3 years ago, I tried to contact her mobile phone number, but failed. I searched for her (office) email address on internet & emailed her. She replied. I emailed her at her personal email that she had given me, but no reply from her.

Yesterday, out of the blue, she wanted to meet me. I was reminded by the actual reason I emailed her 3 years ago. But I dismissed the idea assuming that whatever happens, she relents. I knew her as a very nice person. So, there's a possibility she accepts what had happened to her with an open heart. At least that was what I thought 3 years ago. I thought she already knew about it & she could guess that I was about to tell her. I thought she tried to stop me from interfering by not replying my email.

So yesterday, I thought maybe she involves in a direct selling & wants to promote her stuff or she's looking for a down line. Well, it's ok. It's good to meet an old friend anyhow, especially the one that I know I'm comfortable with.

But I was wrong. She doesn't want to promote anything. We chatted & exchanged stories. Then she started mentioning about the thing that I've known & been longing to tell her or at least asking her since 3 years ago.

My assumption that she's ok with it was wrong. She didn't know about it at the first place & she absolutely couldn't accept it, right until now. When she started crying, I hold back my tears.

It was night already & we decided to call it a day.

She left me struck with the fact that life's so unpredictable & not a fairy tale indeed.

1 comment:

catz said...

yea, life is so unpredictable..