Friday, March 12, 2010

Langkawi: Note & piccas from a recent trip

Suddenly, I'm in the mood to write in more detail about a recent trip to Langkawi, instead of just this post. So, here it goes...


First day, 15/2/2010.


From Sg. Petani, we headed north to K. Perlis. We were lucky to be ushered to a car park with shade which only about 100m from the jetty. Took an 8:00am ferry. There are many ferry companies. The difference between them is the schedule.

Mangrove tour~ Love the boat riding & the beautiful scenery. Felt so fresh.


Cable car~ Yay, this time around, I managed to set foot on the suspension bridge.



Second day, 16/2/2010.

Dataran Lang & the places around~ It's not wise to go to Dataran Lang in the morning since the sun shines from the rear of the eagle statue. So, I couldn't snap a good photo in front of the statue.

With the small & only boy (male) of the clans who was so persisted on getting back to the hotel a.s.a.p. so that he could jump into the swimming pool.

The proof that I'm a good photographer. Reminds me of the day where I kept jumping near Eiffel Tower but D failed to capture the action. :-P to D.

Shopping at Pekan Kuah! (No picture though). For those who plan to visit Langkawi to buy low price chocolates, just forget it.

Underwater World~ I think I won't enter this place anymore. Twice is enough.


Had laksa & cendol nearby the airport. The laksa is delicious alrite but I couldn't say it's the best since I'm not a fan.

Lighthouse at Pantai Kok (I had to google for the name of the beach)~ It was very hot but the scenery was so peaceful with wooden fishing boats rested on the beach. I could imagine myself wearing a big hat, painting the scenery on a canvas (if I were an artist).



Last day, 16/2/2010.

Mahsuri Mausoleum~ Not much to talk about.


Bought Co^relle dinner plates - Winter^Frost, at Jetty Point. Somehow the price is significantly cheaper compare to the other HiG branch & Idaman^Suri at Pekan Kuah. Glad that I did check the price here before shopping yesterday. Maybe bcos just 8 pieces left & all of them are in my kitchen now.

Took 3 staff to pack the dinner plates in a box.

We took a 1:45pm ferry to go back. I guess this would be my first and only experience going to Langkawi by ferry, unless if I already were in K. Perlis or K. Kedah. Going by airplane is certainly much more convenient, especially if you have many stuff (as a result of shopping) to be carried on board, besides the shorter travel time of course.


The hotel & the rental car

It was such a challenge to find a hotel with available room since it was CNY holiday season & a last minute decision to stay for 2 nites. My preference was an apartment or a hotel that can fit at least 4 guests in one room.


The hotel is located near Pekan Kuah. Booked the room online via Cuti.com.

The room was spacious. It could fit all 5 of us comfortably with 1 queen bed, 1 single bed & 2 extra mattresses. However, the aircond was underpowered since it was old. We had to turn it on for the rest of the stay so that the room would stay cool. The breakfast was ok but it seemed like no one was around to clean up the dining table.

The rental car was great. In contrast with the room, the car's aircond was awesome.


I already have planned on other interesting places in Langkawi that I'd like to visit if I got a chance to go again. Jom! =D

No comments: