Wednesday, January 05, 2011

San Francisco: Hop~on Hop~off

Well, I traveled to SF alone. So I think the best & safest way to go around SF for sightseeing is by riding a bus tour or  hop-on-hop-off bus. At 1st, I planned to buy the tix online, but I couldn't decide which day should I have the tour. Luckily, I decided to buy the tix at SF itself.

Union Square, SF is very suitable for those who really love shopping & have big pocket. Those who crazy about high-end labels, this is the place. Just name it, mesti ada. On the same nite I arrived at SF (which is on Saturday, Dec 11), after having dinner, I went out to browse the place. Unfortunately, to my disappointment, there was no grand sale & I certainly didn't have a big pocket to spend. I guessed shopping wouldn't be my main activity there. So that was it. I decided to buy a 2-day pass of hop-on-hop-off for $35. It was cheaper too compare to the cheapest one I found on internet. There were many bus tour companies actually. I found out about the one that I chose from a brochure I got at the hotel.

The hop~on hop~off bus.

This was actually the 1st time ever I rode one. I have to say I was glad to choose this bus tour. The service was good & reliable. There were 20 stops altogether & for every stop, the frequency of the bus was 30 minutes. So I could just hopped off, took a walk around the stop then hopped on the bus back. The 1st bus arrived at Union Square was at 9:30am & the last bus was at 5:30pm.



Views of SF city from the bus.

Since I had nothing more interesting to do besides window shopping, I used the service thrice! Twice on Sunday & once on Monday. Hence, I crossed the Golden~Gate bridge three times!

Crossing the famous Golden~Gate bridge.

It was a fun experience. I love sitting on the open upper deck & feeling the cool breeze swept across my face. I guess I was so lucky that the weather for the 2 days were great.

Enjoying myself.

No comments: