Saturday, May 03, 2008

My room @ Liverpool!

I got another room offer from Accommodation Office, University of Liverpool! After rejected the previous offer, I had re-apply with different preference and waited nervously. Since it would be very slim chance that I would be offered a single bedsit at Philharmonic Court (btw, there are only 10), I put Melville Grove size B as my 1st choice... and I got it!

Floor plan of Melville Grove's single study bedrooms size B... my room!

I chose this room basically because it's larger (of course, with extra fee), washbasins and telephones in all bedrooms (however, shared kitchens and bathrooms)... and from the survey I did thru one of the forums on Internet, seems like the rooms are favorite among the students coming to UoL, of course after single bedsits. So, why not I give it a try too...

Here's the detail about my room...

----------
Room and Hall: 83, Melville Grove size B - S/C
Address:
University of Liverpool
Melville Grove
81 Grove Street, Edge Hill
Liverpool
L7 7AD
United Kingdom
First day of occupancy: 21-SEP-2008
Last night of occupancy: 12-SEP-2009
Days of contract: 357 (51 weeks)
Cost: GBP77.00 per week (GBP3,927.00 per year)
----------

I emailed Mei, the Malaysia representative (the one who had given me a call the other day), asking her opinion on the hall... she replied my email...
Melville Grove isnt very far from the Department of EEE, its really only about a 10 mins walk (or less, if you walk fast!)...and to the city centre, it would be about a 10-15mins walk..its a great choice, Melville Grove is usually 2nd or 3rd years and postgrad students, so it tends to be quieter, not as noisy as halls with freshers...
:-)... I'm glad that the location is perfect... I think I'm ok with the hall tends to be quieter (very good indeed for my bedtime), though I hope there'll be a lot of 1st year postgrad students and lots of international students as well. So, this is the room where I'm gonna stay during my study at Liverpool. Guests are allowed to stay occasionally, so feel free to come and crash out (I have a list of items to bring along...).

For now, I just pray that everything would be fine...

No comments: